Easter Bunny Captured!

in Curios & Humor

Monsterrabbit_2

If your kids are at an age where they’re doubting the existence of the Easter Bunny, you can always show them this picture.

GET THE STORY.

And before anyone else says it:

No, it is I who will eat you!

Now. Will someone please tell me where that tagline originated?

Feel free to caption the photo.

Barbara April 12, 2006 at 10:28 am

No, it is I who will eat you!
Now. Will someone please tell me where that tagline originated?

Androcles and the Lion.

Tim Ball April 12, 2006 at 10:28 am

Dang. We already expended our Holy Hand-Grenade on the last bunny that bounced through here.

bill912 April 12, 2006 at 10:40 am

Crocodile Dundee: “Now THAT’S a rabbit.”

Ryan C April 12, 2006 at 10:48 am

Call me an apologist for the Easter Bunny, but I think this bunny is kind of cute. It seems to have only one ear though?

mh April 12, 2006 at 10:51 am

Maybe it’s just me, but is someone also holding the guy in the blue jacket by the scruff of the neck?

Ryan C April 12, 2006 at 10:53 am

Here’s another giant rabbit:
“The mighty bunny weighs a massive 7.7kg, and his ears are a lengthy 21cm – almost as long as most pet rabbits are tall. And he is almost 1m tall.
The German Giant is even big for his breed, which usually tip the scales at around 6kg.
Herman lives in a specially built solid oak hutch and chomps his way through just over 2kg of food a day. His owner says his favourite snack is lettuce.”

Trubador April 12, 2006 at 10:55 am

“I’m goin’ wabbit hunting. Be wewry, wewry quiet.”

SDG April 12, 2006 at 11:52 am

Will someone please tell me where that tagline originated?

It was one of Jimmy’s starting captions to a picture of (IIRC) a kid and a dinosaur. I thought the line was so funny I began using it every chance I got.

Briar Rabbit April 12, 2006 at 11:59 am

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont throw me in the Briar patch!!! Here come Peter Cotton tail……..

Melissa April 12, 2006 at 12:01 pm

Awww, tis a cute bunny wabbit that guy is holding up by the neck. Hey, yeah, where is that other rabbit ear!!?? 😉

Tim J. April 12, 2006 at 12:05 pm

I actually found it, Steven.
Now, Jimmy may have lifted it from somewhere else, but if so, I have no idea whence.

gelsbern April 12, 2006 at 12:11 pm

First use on this site is here
It was later used here.
In regards to the rabbit: “Where’s my Hasenfeffer?”

Edward April 12, 2006 at 12:28 pm

No, it is I who will eat you!
ALL of the Google hits on this phrase are from this very site. At least with Safesearch on.

Tim Ball April 12, 2006 at 12:34 pm

The other ear? I ate it for lunch.

Ryan C April 12, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Well you are supposed to eat the ears first.

Tim J. April 12, 2006 at 12:59 pm

“Well you are supposed to eat the ears first.”
Not according to Ernest P. Worrell.
“I like to eat the EYES first!”

Gene Branaman April 12, 2006 at 1:15 pm

That is one HUGE bunny! Pardon my ignorance in all things Leporidae but I had no idea! I totally thought it was Photoshopped at first but it just looked way to real. I’ve seen the cute li’l rex minis before but this one looks like it’d give a few cats a run for their money. “No, it is I who will eat you” indeed!
As for captions:
“I’m not fat! I have a thyroid condition.”
“Um . . . would you mind not picking me up like that, please? It was OK when I was small & everything but now it’s just annoying.”
“Well, I’m thinkin’ these rabbit feet’ll be really lucky!”

Paul Hoffer April 12, 2006 at 1:25 pm

Now we know why the first bunny looked cross~someone caught its mate.

Ryan C April 12, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Near my college there’s a guy who breeds giant rabbits. People often go to see them for fun, but I’m sure they’re really the beginnings of an evil army for the Easter Bunny in his dark tower.

bill912 April 12, 2006 at 5:09 pm

I’ve seen a bigger bunny. Playing golf one day, I caught sight of some gray critter off to my left that made me jump. It was so big, I first thought, “Holy @#$%! It’s a coyote!” Then I realized it was the biggest jackrabbit I ever saw.
(Of course, the jackalopes I saw in Wyoming were even bigger!)

bill912 April 12, 2006 at 5:13 pm

“You shoulda seen the one that got away!”

StubbleSpark April 12, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Only one critter can survive the Rabbit Apocalypse!

Briar Rabbit April 13, 2006 at 7:07 am

Hey Fudd…Its DUCK SEASON!!!!!!!!

Gene Branaman April 13, 2006 at 9:43 am

OK, something about this picture’s been botherin’ me & I think I’ve finally figured it out.
Ya know how dogs & their owners frequently look alike? Ya know how that’s kinda strange, eerie, & downright creepy sometimes?
Well . . . take a look this bunny the guy holding him!
Coincidence? I think not!

Franklin Jennings April 14, 2006 at 7:37 pm

We have a very similar rabbit in north Alabama. We call it a “Cane-cutter” (I assume because it’s able to cut through cane with it’s jaws.) So big that when the hind legs are tied to your belt, the fronts drag the ground. They are the only reason hunting rabbit is really enjoyable, since the only pleasure in hunting cottontail is in hearing the beagles run.
And yet our deer are tiny little things, go figure!

this is very good April 18, 2006 at 3:08 pm

this is very good

related source

Tony April 20, 2006 at 12:29 pm

The albino super secret Opus Dei assassin was apprehended in his latest disguise.

Mary April 24, 2006 at 6:56 pm

Them Easter Bunnies. They’ll try anything.